We maintain a running journal of financial aid announcements, updates, and disbursement reports throughout the year.
Entries are listed chronologically.
Financial Aid Bulletins
- August 31, 2021George Mason University is disbursing millions of dollars in CARES Act funding to more than 14,000 eligible students this fall, with the latest funds to be awarded in early September.
- August 20, 2021If you or your family have experienced a loss of income, you may request a recalculation of your financial aid eligibility. Please submit information to the Office of Student Financial Aid HERE.
- August 18, 2021At the "enrollment freeze date", the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) will verify your enrollment.
- August 12, 2021Our enrollment deposit site will be down on Friday, August 13th from 3:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. EST. During this time, you will not be able to submit a deposit to George Mason University.
- July 28, 2021Lower prices for high-speed internet are available to eligible individuals. The benefit is a discount of up to $50/month, and a one-time discount of up to $100 for a qualifying device. The service provider will offer the discount to the customer.
- July 22, 2021The U. S. Department of Education has new guidance regarding FAFSA verification requirements. Based on the recent guidance, please DO NOT SUBMIT any V1 Verification Documents or Tax Return information to us for the 21-22 aid year until further notice.
- May 12, 2021#Mason2025 Celebrate Your High School Graduation We created some Mason-themed graduation decorations for you to download, print out, and take photos!
- March 31, 2021March 31, 2021 To the Mason Community:
- January 11, 2021December 31, 2020 To the Mason Community: