Check Out the Books You Need
Students, faculty and staff have access to books and materials from all five Mason library locations, as well as libraries at other universities across the region or throughout the world.
If the item you need is in one of Mason's libraries or one of the Washington Research Library Consortium member libraries (American, Catholic, Gallaudet, George Washington, Georgetown, Howard, Marymount or University of the District of Columbia), it can be delivered to your local Mason library in 24 to 48 hours.
You may also borrow materials from any other library anywhere in the world via our interlibrary loan program.
Librarians Offer Assistance
Staff members are available at all university libraries to help you find research materials, data, reference services, and online resources.
Help is a Call or Text Away
You can also get help from the library staff though the virtual reference librarian or send a text to 703-291-1468, and an on-call librarian will respond. You can also call one of the service desks. Subject specialist librarians are there to assist you with research questions.
Book a Library Study Room
The university libraries provide group study rooms for Mason students, faculty, and staff. Study rooms may be reserved once a day up to four hours a day.
Check Out the New Addition to Fenwick Library
Fenwick Library doubled in size when the new building opened in January 2016. Here’s what’s new:
- A research commons, more exhibit and display areas.
- A new reading room that is convertible to a formal event room.
- A designated research and study area for graduate students.
- Expanded data services and digital scholarship lab spaces.
- More group study rooms and instructional rooms.
- A state-of-the-art Special Collections and Archives department.
- A total of 2,000 seats for students.