Mason-FCPS Math Dual Enrollment Program
The George Mason University Department of Mathematical Sciences partnership with Fairfax County Public Schools offers exceptionally talented high school students the opportunity to earn advanced university level mathematics credit. All courses are taught by Mason affiliate faculty and are offered on-site in FCPS high schools.
- Current FCPS junior or senior enrolled in the courses below at your high school
- Minimum 3.25 FCPS GPA
- Meet the application deadline, course registration form, and payment submission deadline
- Online application and $70 application processing fee (if you did not complete the registration process for credit for a Fall 2020 Math Dual Enrollment program)
Courses of Instruction
- Math 203 Linear Algebra
The following courses are only available only for Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology students
- Math 214 - Elementary Differential Equations
- Math 411 - Complex Analysis
If you are unsure of which course you are completing, consult your math teacher before applying.
Spring 2021 Online Application Process
Skip to step two if you completed the registration process to receive credit for your math dual enrollment course in fall 2020.
- Visit https://www2.gmu.edu/admissions-aid/apply-now
- Click on Undergraduate to expand that field
- Click on the following link “Click here to apply as a freshman using Mason’s exclusive online application”
- Click on Sign Up
Sign Up with First Name, Last Name, and Student Email Address
**Please use the student’s email address. DO NOT use the parent’s email address.
- An email will be sent to the address used in step 3 with a temporary password link
- Click on the link provided and you will be able to create a unique password
- Click on Start New Application
After completing the steps above, you will be logged in to the application. Complete the information required for each section and then click “SAVE” to identify any errors or “SAVE & CONTINUE” to move forward in the application. The computer system will alert you if there are any missing portions of that page.
Complete Mason’s online application.
- Use these guidelines to complete the application correctly.
- You must pay a $70 application fee when submitting the application.
Priority Deadline: March 12, 2021
Final Deadline: March 19, 2021
Dual enrollment admission or registration WILL NOT be accepted or processed after March 19.
Go to step two! You are not done with the process until BOTH steps are complete.
Start here if you completed the registration process to receive credit for your math dual enrollment course in fall 2020.
- Visit the Mason Marketplace to complete the Spring 2021 registration and submit payment. Click On the Following Link: Mason-FCPS Math Dual Enrollment Link
- Click on the course you wish to take (the price will reflect when payment is submitted)
- Hit add to cart
- Fill out the form and hit continue
- Check information for Accuracy and hit Checkout
- Enter email address to receive payment confirmation
- Fill out payment information –
- $425 if you register by March 12
- $550 if you register by March 19
- Hit continue
- Review order and then hit submit order
- Receipt will be produced
- Have your counselor send an official transcript to George Mason University. (Only if you did not register to receive credit for your fall 2020 dual enrollment program.)
- Priority Deadline:
- Tuition rate of $425.00 if Mason application, registration form, and payment are received by March 12, 2021 at midnight.
- Final Deadline:
- Tuition rate of $550.00 if Mason application, registration form, and payment are received between March 12 and March 19 at midnight.
At the end of the course, the student will be emailed instructions on how to order the official Mason transcript. If you have previously taken the Fairfax Math program, you are able to order a transcript through the following instructions. Only the student may request a transcript.
- The following link takes you directly to the transcript online request system, Parchment, Inc. for George Mason University: https://registrar.gmu.edu/students/transcripts-parchment/
- Scroll down to “How to Order an Official Transcript", select “For alumni, former students, or Envision students” by clicking on the Parchment Exchange image.
- If you are a returning user, login with your email address and password. If this is your first time using Parchment to order a transcript, click “Create Account.”
- When you create an account, you will need to enter contact information, authentication information, and create a password.
- Under authentication information, enter your Date of Birth, your First and Last Name as they were when you registered for the credits, and the Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number (SSN). If you do not have a SSN, you may enter 0000. The field for Student ID is optional, so you do not need to enter anything here.
- Additional guidance found here.
If you have technical issues or questions concerning your online order, please contact Parchment Inc. at 833-781-7236 or click “Support” at the top of the ordering page for additional guidance. You may also contact the George Mason University’s Office of the University Registrar by emailing email@example.com or by telephone at 703-993-2441.
Contact Rachel Cleaver, Senior Associate Director, K12 Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org.