This partnership between the George Mason University Department of Mathematical Sciences and Fairfax County Public Schools offers exceptionally talented high school students the opportunity to earn advanced university-level mathematics credit. All courses are taught by Mason affiliate faculty and are offered on-site in FCPS high schools.
The credit process must be completed during the semester the course is taken in high school. You may not retroactively receive credit after the deadline.
- Current FCPS junior or senior enrolled in a participating course of instruction at your high school
- Minimum 3.25 FCPS GPA
- Meet the application, course registration form, and payment submission deadlines
- Online application and $70 application processing fee
Participating Courses of Instruction
- Math 203 - Linear Algebra
The following courses are only available to Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology students:
- Math 411 - Complex Analysis
If you are unsure of which course you are completing, consult your math teacher before applying.
Spring 2023 Application Process
Skip to Step Two if you completed the registration process to receive credit for your math dual enrollment course in fall 2022. You do not need to complete another application, just the payment portion in Step Two.
- Visit Mason's Online Application Portal
- Click on "Sign Up"
1. Sign Up with First Name, Last Name, and Email Address
**Please use the student’s email address. DO NOT use the parent’s email address or the student’s school email address.
- An email will be sent to you with a temporary password link
- Click on the link provided to create a unique password
- Click on "Start New Application" to complete a Spring 2023 Non-Degree Application.
After completing the steps above, you will be logged in to the application. Complete the information required for each section and click “SAVE” to identify any errors or “SAVE & CONTINUE” to move forward in the application. The computer system will alert you if there are any missing portions of that page.
2. Complete Mason’s online application
- Use these guidelines to complete the application correctly.
- You must pay a $70 application fee when submitting the application.
- Visit the Mason Marketplace to complete your Spring 2023 registration and submit payment.
- Click on the course you wish to take (the price will reflect when payment is submitted)
- Hit "Add to Cart"
- Fill out the form and hit "Continue"
- Check information for accuracy and hit "Checkout"
- Enter your email address to receive payment confirmation
- Fill out payment information – Fee will be $425 if you register by Friday, March 24, and $550 if you register by Friday, March 31.
- Hit "Continue"
- Review order and then hit "Submit Order"
- Receipt will be produced
- Tuition rate of $425.00 if Mason application, registration form, and payment are received by midnight on Friday, March 24.
- Tuition rate of $550.00 if Mason application and payment are received by midnight on Friday, March 31.
Dual enrollment admission or registration WILL NOT be accepted or processed after March 31.
At the end of the course, the student will be emailed instructions on how to order the official Mason transcript. If you have previously taken the Fairfax Math program, you are able to order a transcript using the following instructions. Only the student may request a transcript.
- Log in to Parchment, Inc., Mason's transcript request service.
- When you create an account, you will need to enter contact information, authentication information, and create a password.
- Under authentication information, enter your Date of Birth, your First and Last Name as they were when you registered for the credits, and the Mason ID (G# that you were given).
If you have technical issues or questions concerning your online order, please contact Parchment Inc. at 833-781-7236 or click “Support” at the top of the ordering page for additional guidance. You may also contact the George Mason University’s Office of the University Registrar by emailing email@example.com or by telephone at 703-993-2441.
Contact Rachel Cleaver, Senior Associate Director, K12 Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org.