Applicants seeking graduate admission to George Mason University are required to present a bachelor's degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by one of the organizations identified by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

HLC Higher Learning Commission
MSCHE Middle States Commission on Higher Education
NECHE New England Commission of Higher Education
NWCCU Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
SACSCOC Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
WSCUC WASC Senior College and University Commission


All coursework must be earned during the period that the institution was accredited by the CHEA recognized organization. International bachelor's degrees must be equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree and be recognized by that country's Ministry of Education.