Creating a safe environment requires everyone’s help. Mason has established a series of steps to follow.
- Unvaccinated individuals must participate in COVID testing at least once a week and as frequently as three times a week, depending on conditions.
- Vaccinated faculty, staff and students may be required to participate in less frequent testing, based on the guidance from public health officials and testing capacity.
- Symptomatic individuals, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, should still self-isolate and seek evaluation and diagnostic testing.
While on Campus (All Students, Faculty, Staff)
- Complete your daily Mason COVID Health✓™
- Practice appropriate social distancing and wear a mask if you are unvaccinated.
- Practice appropriate hygiene, including thoroughly washing hands for at least 20 seconds, and if you can’t do that, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes.
- Stay home if you feel symptoms consistent with COVID.
If You Have Symptoms of COVID
- Students, as well as uninsured Mason employees and on-campus contractors, will be tested at the Mason On-Campus Testing Site. Student Health Services will continue to serve students at regional campuses through video telehealth and will work with those students to get testing convenient to their location. All other employees should be tested through their insured health providers.
- The Ángel Cabrera Global Center has been designated as an on-campus quarantine site, when warranted. Residential students who must quarantine, may be quarantined in their room or in the Cabrera Global Center based on public health guidance.
- All other students, faculty and staff must stay away from campus until they are cleared by a medical professional to return.
Random Testing to Detect Asymptomatic Carriers
To help track the virus spreading via carriers who display no symptoms, Mason will randomly select members of the community to request that they participate in voluntary testing.
Through August 9, testing sites on our Virginia campuses include:
- Fairfax Campus: Johnson Center clinic on the first floor, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tests available for residential students, non-residential students, faculty, and staff.
- Arlington Campus: Van Metre Hall, Room 219, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tests available for non-residential students, faculty, and staff.
- SciTech Campus: Randall’s Café in Colgan Hall, Mondays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tests available for residential and non-residential students, faculty, and staff.
The Pfizer vaccine will also be available at the Fairfax testing site in the Johnson Center.
FAQS ON COVID-19 TESTING
Find information about the process and answers to questions you might have.