Mason, NOVA Partner to Help Students
ADVANCE creates a single point of admission and financial aid, a dedicated advisor from admission to NOVA through graduation from Mason, realignment of curricula to ensure students do not lose credits when they transfer, and financial incentives.
Plan Your Path to Mason in ADVANCE
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) and George Mason University created the ADVANCE program to streamline your journey toward a four-year degree.
Almost 3,000 NOVA students transfer to Mason each year. ADVANCE aims to boost that number by giving those students the support they need to earn a bachelor's degree within four years. The program:
Provides admissions guidance to both institutions. When you meet program requirements, you'll be automatically accepted into Mason.
- Connects you to dedicated advisors and success coaches from your first day at NOVA through graduation from Mason
- Coordinates curricula to ensure you'll retain all credits when you transfer.
- Offers a financial aid and incentive plan to help students in need stay in school through graduation.
- Collaborates with area employers to spotlight majors that produce graduates with high-demand skills.
- Helps you earn two degrees: an associate's from NOVA and a bachelor's from Mason.
- Gives you access to clubs, sporting events, and recreational facilities at NOVA and Mason.