Mason, NOVA Partner to Help Students
ADVANCE creates a single point of admission and financial aid, a dedicated advisor from admission to NOVA through graduation from Mason, realignment of curricula to ensure students do not lose credits when they transfer, and financial incentives.
Plan Your Path to Mason in ADVANCE
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) and George Mason University created the ADVANCE program to streamline your journey toward a four-year degree.
Almost 3,000 NOVA students transfer to Mason each year. ADVANCE aims to help even more students by providing the support they need to earn a bachelor's degree within four years. The program offers:
- Major Cost Savings! Completing your associate degree at NOVA before transferring to Mason will save you tuition costs.
- Make every Credit Count. Specialized, aligned curriculum from NOVA to Mason ensures all credits transfer toward your selected degree program.
- Dedicated Success Coaches. Success coaches provide you with continuous support and guidance, from your enrollment at NOVA to your graduation from Mason.
- Access: You will be eligible to access recreational facilities, sporting and cultural events at NOVA and Mason as well as virtual events such as career services events, virtual library, seminars, NOVA and Mason student clubs, and organizations.
- No Additional Application. Earn your associate degree at NOVA and then seamlessly transition to earn your bachelor's degree at Mason with no additional application required.
- Co-Enrollment. You are eligible to take select classes at Mason while you are enrolled at NOVA.
- ADVANCE Your Career. Enjoy special internship and co-curricular experiences that will prepare you for career success.
LEARN MORE about how the ADVANCE Degree Program provides you with the skills needed for your next career. Check out the new ADVANCE Career Accelerator Toolkit.
MEET YOUR ADVANCE ADMISSIONS ADVISOR
Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Recruitment Territories: Northern Virginia Community College
Favorite thing about Mason: Love the internationally diverse student body and faculty, coupled by the warmth that it brings. To be able to come onto the campus and experience the richness of different cultures and backgrounds is an experience in and of itself.
Advice for students getting ready to apply for college: Make sure you submit documents on time and completely. Open and read your email daily as there is always important information. Pursue your dream!
Favorite Washington, D.C. or Northern Virginia attraction: Washington Monuments and the Potomac River.