Innovation, Imagination, and Arts
Mason's Science and Technology Campus in Manassas is in Innovation Park, the largest research business park in Northern Virginia, home to technology companies and government agencies conducting cutting-edge research. It's also the site of the Hylton Performing Arts Center.
The Hylton Performing Arts Center and the Freedom Aquatic & Fitness Center are part of a partnership between Mason, Prince William County, and the City of Manassas.
In addition, our location provides expanded access to educational opportunities for students throughout the region.
Research and academic courses offered on the 134-acre campus include programs from the:
- College of Education and Human Development's School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism.
- Volgenau School of Engineering.
- College of Science.
Our modern classrooms and labs have been designed specifically to ensure courses prepare students to be leaders in their fields of study. On-campus housing is available for graduate students. A shuttle bus runs between the Fairfax and SciTech campuses.
The Hylton Performing Arts Center entertains and educates the community through diverse and accessible events. The state-of-the art venue features 85,000 square feet of space, housing:
- Merchant Hall, an opera house with a 100-foot stage and orchestra pit.
- The Gregory Family Theater, a flexible space that can host cabarets, chamber groups, and special events.
- The Didlake Grand Foyer, which can host seated dinners and standing receptions.
- The Buchanan Partners Art Gallery, which showcases works by local and regional visual artists.
The campus also features the Freedom Aquatic & Fitness Center, which offers recreational, educational, social, and cultural programs and activities.
Membership is free for full- and part-time Mason students. Day passes are available.
The facility features:
- Two pools.
- Family locker rooms.
- Full gymnasium.
- Cardio, aerobic, and strength studios.
- Racquetball courts.
- Childcare center.
Government agencies, businesses, community members, and non-profit organizations are also welcome to host their events here at the: